Sat, May 28|
LEAF Supports Habitat for Humanity Seminole County/Apopka
In the foundation of every Habitat home, there are hundreds of handprints of people who came together to lift up a local family in need. LEAF, Inc. is excited to support Habitat for Humanity.
Time & Location
May 28, 2022, 8:00 AM EDT – May 29, 2022, 12:30 PM EDT
Orlando, 1581 Dixie Way, Sanford, FL
About the Event
Volunteers put in about 3,000 hours for each home we build, accounting for a significant portion of the total construction hours. Most of our volunteers have never worked on a construction site before and some have never held a hammer. But the wonderful part about contributing is that it doesn’t require extensive experience or skill to make a big difference. You’ll learn on the job from our construction site supervisor. It only takes passion and willingness. It’s that simple!
LEAF, Inc. is excited to support Habitat for Humanity
We are so excited to have you on the construction site where together we build affordable housing.
Is this activity right for you?
· We provide all tools and training. No prior construction experience is required.
· All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
· All volunteers must complete a liability waiver prior to volunteering. Click here for a printable version of the waiver. Blank copies will be available upon arrival.
· Minors (16 or 17 y/o): A parent or guardian must sign the bottom of the sheet prior to volunteering. 16 and 17 y/o are restricted to certain construction activities.
Things to Remember
· Please be sure to arrive on time, as we begin each day with a Tool Safety and Project Briefing. All volunteers should be in attendance. Volunteers are welcome to leave early, but we prefer all volunteers to start promptly at the 8 am start time
· What to wear: Wear clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly painted. Closed-toe shoes are required (boots and sneakers are acceptable, but no high heels, clogs, Crocs, or dress shoes). T-shirts or tank tops are fine, and please wear long pants, leggings, or shorts of modest length.
· Water /Food: We ask that all volunteers bring a refillable water bottle. We are unable at this time to provide lunch, please bring lunches/snacks needed for the day.
· Safety: Please visit www.hfhvolunteerinsurance.com and review the safety guidelines prior to volunteering on our build site. This is optional, but certainly encouraged!
To complete your registration, we kindly remind you that a LEAF volunteer T-shirt is required for all LEAF volunteering events. To purchase a shirt, please visit https://www.leafmission.org/shop. We will wear the shirts as a group during this event and for all future volunteering events. Deadline to register for the event is May 20th
All T-shirts will be distributed at the event.